Poker Millions!

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Mixed Fortunes

Today was my first go at making wads of cash and it was both positive and negative. I ventured onto betfair poker for what was only my second online poker experience. Previously I had come second, again on betfair and made a profit of approximately £3-4. This was small stakes and a long time ago. It was pretty harmless fun.

To my delight I noticed that my betfair account had £20 in it. I think this is free money from betfair as I don't remember leaving it there. I haven't used betfair for a long time, so I can only presume that it is a welcome back tempter for me. I will not regard this as winnings, but just as £20 from my £25 pot. Therefore I need only put in £5 this month, if required at all. Let's hope not.

My first game was pretty cruel, I never really got a good hand and when I had a reasonably high hand the flop never supported it and people were going in with big bets. This kept on causing me to fold until eventually my patience went and I commited poker suicide with a pair of 3's. This was a very stupid move looking at it in hindsight. Needless to say, I was eliminated from the game and lost my £5 buy-in and 50 pence house fee.

I entered another game at £5 buy-in with a first prize of £25. This time I felt I was in a better frame of mind and the cards were slighty more generous to me. I had a strong start and a bit of a wobble in the middle of the game, but I never ventured below the 1000 chips that I had to start with. I managed to recover with some strong hands and realised that there was a lot of bluffing on the table. Using this knowledge to my advantage I managed to claw myself back into the lead and won the game.

So, overall I have spent £11 and won £25 which means that I am up £14. My pot stands at £39 - excellent.

4 Comments:

At 1:41 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck my son should be a fun read to see how you get on.

 
At 1:53 pm, Blogger MrSwadge said...

Cheers Dad.

 
At 1:55 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

I'd just like to point out to anyone reading this Blog that I'm not Stevie's dad.

 
At 1:57 pm, Blogger MrSwadge said...

...but, if you're not my Dad...

My head hurts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home