Poker Millions!

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Multi-Table NL Texas Hold'em Tourney

Today I decided that I would enter a multi-table tournament for the first time. This was a No Limit Texas Hold'em tournament that cost only £2 to enter and 25 pence went to the house, Betfair. First prize worked out to be £231.03 so it's definately worth a go if your poker is good, 41st to 50th prize was £2.72.

The tournament started with 453 players equally given 1500 chips. The number of players fell to 220 after 40 minutes of play, which was pretty quick! It started well as I led the field for a good ten minutes with over 10,000 chips after some excellent luck in the beginning.

My luck went downhill for a good while and so I just sat there playing tight, keeping my chips. After 55 minutes of playing I had moved down to 14th in the rankings and 147 players were left playing on 16 tables.

At the 1 hour break period I found myself sat in 34th place in the rankings out of 128 players on 13 tables. My cards had not been kind to me for ages, and they didn't improve over the next seemingly endless amount of hands I was dealt. Certainly nothing up to the high standards I came to expect from when I started the game when I was dealt lots of Ace King, Ace Queen, Queen King combinations!

After a while I had to get a decent hand and I received King Jack, not before time too, not invincible, but much better. The flop was all low except for a King, so I had a pair. I figured that everyone else didn't have anything much as the bets were pretty low, so I ended up going all in. My luck didn't really change though, the river blew me off the water. My only opponent who was left in the betting managed to pull off a 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 straight on the river and I had the hand won until that card. I'm totally gutted.

I finished 80th, 30 places outside of the prizes. My pot sinks to £25.75, certainly not a disaster - but it could be better.

1 Comments:

At 9:56 am, Blogger Unknown said...

Thats why they call it the river of broken dreams.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home